Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Homemade NF Tzatziki

So... I really like Garlic, so be aware!  AND I really like Tzatziki!

Get some fresh lemon zest into a bowl
Salt and pepper (lighter on the salt personally)
Grate (fine grating) some cucumber - you want a good portion. **
about 1tsp powdered garlic
1 clove garlic crushed
small bit of lemon juice
Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt

Mix all up, adding in more seasoning if you wish.  Now the Greek yogurt I use is fairly thick, and depending on how much cucumber you grate you can have a thick Tzatziki or a runny one.  If you DISLIKE runny, put the grated cuke in a strainer and press and press and press the water out - cheesecloth also works well. 

Like I said, I enjoy garlic so I may have used more for the portion size I made as mine was garlic spicy. 
Enjoy :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment