Friday, March 5, 2010

ANOTHER Roast experiment!!

I don't know what I'm doing... I just garlic pressed a whole lotta garlic, chopped a bit of onion up, and put holes in my Blade roast and put that in with pepper and rosemary. THEN I sprinkled with onion salt, garlic powder, pepper and a spice mix and then poured beer over top (Sleeman's Original Draught to be precise!)

Of course I had already added chopped onions, celery and carrots to the roasting pan and heated them up, and poured Beef Broth in there too with the booze.

THEN... get this.... I poured honey all over that damn roast.

It cooked at 300F for 30mins with the thermometre in (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ROASTS!) then turned down to 250F. This is to ensure even cooking, and the slower it is, the longer it takes for juices to run out thus making the roast a lot less dry. AND WAYYYY more succulent.


NOW let's see if honey beer roast is good! :D I wonder what the gravy will taste like being half beer....
Oh man I'm gonna get drunk off my dinner!!

1 comment:

  1. OK... do not put honey on a BEEF ROAST. Sure maybe a ham... but umm... it just majorly fucks up the drippings for the gravy :(

    It was edible though.

    ReplyDelete