Monday, August 3, 2009

Beef Ribs, Beer Marinade

So having bought 2 slabs of beef back ribs for $15 (hey I love ribs..) I decided to experiment.

1st Recipe was just honey and BBQ sauce and some garlic. It was nice. Don't remember it all so I'll most my next try!

Last night I pulled a bottle of beer from my fridge (Dead Frog to be exact) and pondered. Would this make meat taste good? Must! It is beer alas!

Prep your ribs as you must, peel off the backside film. Wash. This recipe is for a slab of approx 4-6 ribs.
Marinade:
1/2 bottle of beer, your choice. Chilled.
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced/crushed or diced.
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
4-5 thin slices of fresh ginger
1 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
4 tbsp Honey *to be used before placing in oven*
Marinade the ribs overnight, or minimum 4 hours, in a sealed container or ziplock freezer bag in the fridge. Turn them once in a while. I prefer a bag because it covers more of the ribs at once.

Pre-heat oven to 250 F, place ribs in an ovenproof pan (I used glass) with marinade, meat side up. Cover the ribs with the honey. Cover the pan in tinfoil and place in oven and slow bake for 2hrs.

BEWARE: Beer smells extremely good while baking, I strongly recommend having a healthy snack nearby that you can limit the amount of torture you'll go through.

When done, heat your BBQ and cook the ribs 10mins/side, slathering your choice of BBQ sauce if you want in the last 5 mins. Rest and serve.

*It was my unfortunate circustance to get distracted from the BBQ and leave both burners on, in which the ribs caught aflame and met a very crispy burnt end. I couldn't judge well enough due to the amount of charring. I have learnt my lesson though!*

No comments:

Post a Comment